Hi, I'm Hannah!
I am a creative reportage wedding photographer based in the Southwest of England.
I would describe my style as documentary – uncontrived, unobtrusive and creative, ‘story-telling’ photography. I want my images to tell the genuine story of your wedding day as it really happens. It might be a knowing look, a poignant embrace, sunlight filtering through a window, seeing these moments and capturing them beautifully is what I do best. I have a discreet style which allows your day to flow freely without staging shots or interfering.
My natural, reportage approach means that I am best suited to couples who are planning to have a relaxed and informal wedding where the emphasis is on sharing their wedding with close friends and family, not worrying too much about tradition but preferring to put their own stamp on the day.
Five Things You Should Know About Me
- I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest Disney fan in the entire world. Top three Disney films are Brother Bear, Enchanted and Coco!
- People are my passion. I have always loved working with people and being able to give so many wonderful couples the priceless gift of memories to treasure forever is what makes my job so magical.
- I love to sing and dance! I have been doing it since I was a little girl, and at every wedding you will see me partying on the dance-floor! (If you need any banger recommendations, hit me up!)
- Alongside Disney, I am a huge fan of Friends! I watch it on repeat whilst I edit, and I know most, if not all, of the lines. WE WERE ON A BREAAAAAK!
- Number 5 has to be saved for coffee! I love meeting up with my couples for a coffee catch up (and usually a slice of cake) - plus, coffee got me through many all-nighters at Uni. I actually have a degree in Photography & Digital Arts, which helped me so much to excel my camera knowledge and refine my photography style.
My Photography Story
My interest in Photography started from a young age. I have always been interested in capturing moments in time, and I'm sorry to say this, Marie Kondo, but I am a massive hoarder. That fridge magnet from Legoland on the log flume from when I was 11? A cinema ticket from when I went to see The Greatest Showman (the sing-along version of course)? Everything brings me joy!
The first camera I ever rocked was a pink Fujifilm Finepix (phwoar). I used to love taking photos with my friends and family on every occasion. I then took on Photography at A Level and my Dad bought me a Nikon D60. To tell you the truth, I struggled so hard with having to write about my images - I just wanted to photograph! I LOVE to create and my creativity drove me through my studies to be able to sit here today with a Photography Degree under my belt.
My Dad used to be a wedding photographer, back in the film days! Without even realising it, I continued my Dad's passion of photography into creating my own business and even to this day, he still gives me photography advice and gets as excited as I do when a new camera or lens arrives.
I started off doing family shoots alongside my retail job, and then I got my first wedding photography enquiry! It was so exciting, and I began to find that I was having to turn down weddings as I was working at my retail job. I bit the bullet and quit - BEST decision I ever made.
I have never been in a job that makes me so happy. It is still so surreal that this is my job?! I get to be a part of the best day of people's lives, and I am able to capture it all for them. Plus, I usually get a slice of wedding cake too, and that truly makes it the best job in the world.
What Can We Expect From You on the Day?
You can expect me to boogie on down and I expect you to party with me! I love to be involved in your day as much as possible, and I will always be there if you need a hand. Whether thats supplying some emergency deodorant, helping you get into your dress, or helping the boys with their buttonholes (trust me, they need it), I will do whatever I can to help your day run smoothly.
I take pride in the relationships that I am able to build with my couples. I love to be able to meet with you a few times before the big day so by the day of your wedding, we are already the best of friends. This ensures a calm and relaxing atmosphere, makes the photography so much more comfortable and enjoyable for you, and allows us to capture the real you.